With over 300 employees worldwide, WEIMA has been a leader in size reduction machinery manufacturing for over four decades. The people who work with us are the key to our success. Their talent, enthusiasm, and loyalty separates WEIMA from the pack.
We really value the type of person who has character and wants to leave the world around them better than they found it. We offer many administrative and technical opportunities for individuals who value trust, friendliness, and personal responsibility.
WEIMA America Inc. is a subsidiary of WEIMA Group Germany. With over 40 years of experience, WEIMA is a world leader in industrial size reduction machinery. Our US subsidiary was founded in 1999 and with a small team of over 40 employees and over 17 million in yearly revenues; we are a highly efficient, profitable and solid German company in the Carolinas. We offer an extended benefits package to our employees and a secure and pleasant work environment.
WEIMA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Open job positions
WEIMA America is hiring!
WEIMA America is looking for a Field Technician to support our growing client base across the United State and Canada. If you like being a problem solver and enjoy travel, this is the role for you! We’re looking for a skilled and motivated technician to join our team, helping provide solutions and world-class customer service to our clients. Team members enjoy an excellent benefits package and a secure and pleasant work environment, as well as great career growth opportunities.
Our field technicians play critical roles in meeting and exceeding customer service expectations by providing support for WEIMA customers. Responsible for ensuring on-site installation, repairs and trouble-shooting of equipment on customer sites, as well as set-up and repair of equipment at our main location in Fort Mill, SC.
1. Oversee and coordinate installation of WEIMA equipment on client sites
2. Provide both on-site and remote client support for WEIMA equipment.
3. Read and diagnose electrical schematics and related plans and documents.
4. Communicate effectively with clients, WEIMA staff and others to ensure effective support.
5. Troubleshoot and repair machinery.
6. Awareness of workplace hazards and ability to work safely in diverse work environments.
7. Other duties as assigned.
1. Education: Technical and electrical systems education. Associates’ Degree (or higher) in Industrial Maintenance/Technology or experience in a Mechatronics (or similar) program
2. At least three years’ experience in manufacturing or maintenance of industrial machinery.
3. Valid drivers’ license and passport.
Skills, Abilities and Requirements
1. Able to read and diagnose electrical schematics and electrical control cabinets.
2. Computer Skills: Intermediate level of ability with Microsoft Office applications (MS Word, Excel, Outlook)
3. Knowledge of industry standards as well as relevant hardware, software, equipment and tools.
4. This position will require 50-70% travel to client locations throughout the United States and Canada.
5. Experience with welding and forklift operation a plus.
To apply for this position, please email your resume to email@example.com.